It took this...
for me to get this!!!! Oh and believe me, it was totally worth it! I cannot believe that I have waited 11 years to get the car of my dreams. I know what you are all thinking out there...it's a minivan...A MINIVAN!! But you have no idea, unless you own one yourself. It is so nice putting 5 kids into this vehicle. I still have storage when I am done!!! I cannot tell you how much more convenient this has made my life...it is definitely a dream come true. I feel bad that Steve had to lose his car in the process, but I soon got over that :)
This car is decked out...Steve said that if he had to have any part in driving a minivan (he has been dead set against it for years!) that he wanted the best of the best. I was going to drive the Beast until it died (the Beast is the Expedition). It has been a really great car! Now that Steve gets the pleasure of driving it, he doesn't see the need for it to die before he gets his car...go figure. It was ok for me to drive it til it died, but heaven for bid he drives it for a few months!! Oh well...until then!!
So for all of you that are completely against minivans, you never know until you drive!! My challenge to you is to go out and drive one. You will be hooked!*For those of you wondering, some guy ran a stop sign and plowed into Steve at about 40 mph. He was just fine but unfortunately (or fortunately for me!) his car was a complete loss.
19 comments:
I'm living the Odyssey life as well. I would totally marry my minivan.
Now you just need one of these bumper stickers:
http://www.iusedtobecool.com/ocs_bumper_stickers.php
Ooh, awesome! We drove the Mabey's a few times and even Bart LOVED it.
I am happy for you, it is always exciting to get something new especially a car. I also drive the Odyssey but mine is a 2007 and not as decked out as yours with the navigation system.:) I love the auto sliding doors. I am glad Steve is good.
I like that it fits perfectly in a wood-floored retro-wallpapered living room.
I've heard it said that you feel less cool from the outside but the inside totally makes up for it!
I love the decked out minivans!
We also used to say we didn't want to drive a van, and yet we too fell in love with it once we tried it! There is a reason Odysseys are SO popular - they are amazing!
Congratulations on the new van, and thank heavens Steve is okay!
that cracks me up that you are a minivan mom! i have to say i did drive one as a rental this summer and the room and storage in them is awesome!
i mean with 5 kids and all i bet it accomadates well..now you need to have at least one more to fill all those seats up:)
I'm happy Steve is okay! Congrats on the minivan. It looks really nice. I can imagine how great it would be for a big family...lots of room, easy to get kids in and out etc. I'll tell Ron to go easy on you. ;)
How funny that Steve's story is in the small print at the bottom of the page. =o)
I would have done the same thing. It's not as exciting to share gory details as to show your new car!
I'm curious if it has more space/seating than our Yukon. Definitely better mileage. =o) I'll have to ask my sister - hers isn't decked out but she'd know the stats I'm sure. Congrats and enjoy!
What Janssen said. They have an impressive amount of pep - you'll be able to beat most SUV's off the line any day of the week!
Oh,.. I had no idea that you went to the "dark side"! I'll take your word for it - Not too sure if I'm ready to be THAT domesticated quite yet!!
I totally understand! I love my minivan. We bought one when our car died on our way to Phoenix. I love not having to worry about space or fitting extra people in the car. Wonderful vehicles. Congrats on getting one!
Well, it is about time you get your delux Mini Van. I understand your pain with getting children in and out of a vehicle that is not a kid friendly. Enjoy!
I'll just have to be content ridding shotgun with you because no matter what you say, I'm not a minivan girl. It's pretty sweet, though!
I'm just sad that I'm the only one left driving a beast - where is the loyalty??????? :)
do u realize hpw o;d i am? i think i had a heart attack that 1st pic. THX!
steve in a minivan? hahahahahahahahah like scott in a minivan. i cant beleive it!
congrats!!!
luv u miss u-call me anytime. im not sure what ur schedule is there.
Minivans are like fat chicks. Beautiful on the inside and ugly on the outside.
Nice car! I knew you guys would convert at some point.... : )
Minivanz are awesome! I covet... not the accident - I hope everyone was o.k.
Post a Comment