Today was a fun, semi-relaxing day! We had great food, great company and almost...almost, no accidents.

This year we thought that we would try something new so we got a Char-Broil infrared turkey cooker thingy. It was supposed to fry a turkey without all of the expensive oil and the hot mess it makes! Well, turns out we didn't quite do it right. The turkey turned out extremely dry in places and raw in others....disgusting!! I wish that I could take it back. It wasn't cheap! I will have to email them and tell them how much their product stinks!! Steve also forgot to pull out the giblets!! Even more disgusting :) But the
Crompton's brought a Smoky Mo's turkey and it was fantastic! Thanks for saving Thanksgiving. We had a ton of great food...turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, green salad, ambrosia, green bean casserole, candied yams, veggie tray, pheasant pot pie (wasn't willing to try that one yet!) and last but not least, some really tasty pies. Thanks ladies for a great feast!

The
Crompton's (Jamie & crazy Tyler!)

Sara & Mara White

Tyler took about a million pics of Steve. What's up with that?
lol!

We love you family and friends that we couldn't be with! We are so very blessed and so very grateful for all of you.

After dinner came the kid fun. The kids played some sort of game that Mike White thought of...and yes, it included wrestling. The kids were supposed to get the ball that was tossed and the first person to get it to Mike got a point.

On your mark...get set....GO!!

Get it!!

Way to go
Halle!

And if the wrestling didn't get someone hurt like it did
last year,
then our day was not finished yet!! Right as the White's were leaving, Gabe fell on a scooter and cut his eye open. I should have taken him to get a few stitches, but it was by his eyebrow so we figured we were pretty safe!! Let's hope he doesn't hate me for that later!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!!
We love you. We miss you.
xoxo
8 comments:
I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. I'm even more glad that Kyles foot isn't broken! We miss you guys too, let's plan something soon. xoxoxo
It looks like you had a good time despite the turkey debacle. We missed you but look forward to seeing you all soon.
Happy Thanksgiving!! We sure missed you guys, it was really quite quiet over at Steph's this year.
We did a turkey on our grill(it is an infra red bbq) this summer and it turned out delicious:) Poor Steve...at least he tried cooking a turkey. Better luck next year.
Looks like you had a wonderful time with some neato friends. oh..and poor Gabe hope all is ok with his little eye:(
Sorry you had such a bad experience. I wish you would have taken a look at the web log, users forum, and online video tips we've put together for folks. One of the first recommendations is to do a trial run with The Big Easy before jumping in on the big meal. The web log is located at www.sizzleonthegrill.com and there are links there to the users forum as well as the videos. Shoot me an email, with your phone number and I'll call you and walk you thru how to use that little device, if you'd like. I cooked a crisp skin turkey in one Big Easy and a crusty medium rare prime rib in the other. Oh, who am I - CB, I write the web log, recipes and cookbook for Char-Broil..~CB
Gee that sounds convenient. (Previous comment.) =o)
Sorry about Gabe's eye. I wish I could go back in time and make my parents take ME for stitches so I wouldn't have this blasted scar on my eyebrow. =o) Nothing a little Mary Kay can't fix. At least Gabe has light colored eyebrows - it may even be an attractive manly feature on him someday! (I wouldn't have taken him either.)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like it was very eventful... I love smoked turkey. I'm glad you atleast ended up being able to have turkey! Are you coming home for Christmas? Love ya tons!!
I'm sooo jealous about your fun Thanksgiving! It looks like you guys had alot of fun! Can't wait to see you and hang out again!
And hey, what about the Christmas Card making night...are you still going to do that?
I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving! That stinks about the turkey though!! :( Better luck next year!! Daxton got hurt too, just like Gabe!! :( Look how cute he looks though! I am glad you have good friends to be with!
Post a Comment