We had lots of fun opening up presents on Christmas morning. The girls got Nintendo DS's and Kyle got a camera that also does video. Steve got an EOTech scope for his gun (thanks for your help Mike & Sara!) He was super surprised about it. I got Mighty Putty (which I was so excited about. I have since tried it and I can totally say it works awesome!), a WillowTree Figurine and a few other things. It was a great morning! My mom got a fun surprise in her stocking too ;) Have you tried them out yet mom?? xoxo
After opening up gifts at Mimi's and Papa's we travelled down an extremely snowy canyon to Nana and Papa's house. We had a great time eating crepes (thanks Papa!), opening gifts and reading the Christmas story out of the New Testament. The girls got matching shirts that were really cute! They also got fun collectibles. Thanks for the great gifts and for the wonderful memories! We love you :)
We then headed back up to Mimi & Papa's for Christmas dinner with the rest of the family (minus the Jeppson Clan. We sure missed you guys!) It was very chaotic but the food and the company were good. That is all that matters! The presents were great too :) The older kids got a stack of $1 bills that have never been circulated. Really cool! And with my loot, I purchased a new bench for the porch! Thanks Mimi & Papa for an amazing Christmas!
Papa decided to try an old family tradition that consisted of filling up a tub with sawdust and throwing in lots and lots of coins. It was extremely messy but the kids had a fun time collecting all of the loot. My parents will be cleaning up sawdust for months to come! Maybe next year you can try the money jar, Papa!! Thanks again. It was great spending the holidays with all of the family! We love you very much.The final chapter will come soon!!
9 comments:
sad:( we miss you guys!! we had such a blast with you guys while you were here. to bad it cruised on by.....
Looks like SO much fun!! The kids look like they had a BLAST!
Lots of fun!
I've noticed there are a lot of girls' games for the DS now. I bet they'll love those. Happy New Year!
We had a great time with you and the rest of the family. I'm still picking sawdust out of my dryer's lint trap! Miss, miss, miss you!
Cute pics Chelon! Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas! Laptop has been on the fritz- so I've felt so "out-of-touch" with ya! Glad I could catch up!! xoxo
How fun. :) Looks like you guys had a great time for Christmas. Your kids are getting so big, and so cute.
The money jar?! I loved that! Your parents are the coolest. I love the fun twist of the saw dust, but my gut says next year it'll be the money jar. Remember the fishing pole year?
I'm glad you were able to spend the time with your family. It looks like good times.
those little story board squares are a great idea for smooshing tons of pics into a post! looks like you had a VERY merry christmas, and hope the new year is great.
Sounds like it was busy, chaotic, and tons of fun! I hope all is well! I hear the weather is just lovely in Texas lately. I wish I were there to enjoy it!
Post a Comment