Saturday, August 30, 2008

They are OFF!!

We woke up at 3:30 am in order to get Steve and Kyle out the door by 4am. They had to try and fly stand by on an earlier flight in order to make it to the ship before it disembarked. They got to the airport at 4:30 and went to the flight desk to be put on standby. The lady there must have had no clue what she was doing because she told them that the 6am flight was overbooked and that there was pretty much no way they could get on. So Steve checked his luggage for the 8:40am flight and went up to the gate. The lady at the gate told them that they could have gotten on the earlier flight had they not already checked their luggage. She wanted Steve to point out the lady who helped them earlier in the morning...sounds like she must have been a dope!! Steve was a bit stressed out worrying that they weren't going to make it to the ship in time.

SUCCESS!! Both flights landed a bit early and they found someone in baggage claim that was there for the cruise line and they called the ship and told them to expect them. Apparently I was supposed to sign some paper saying that it was okay for Steve to take Kyle on a trip. How weird is that? So they somehow worked through that too.

They are now on the ship having a great time! They were upgraded to a suite with my brother and his wife. They have their own private concierge at their beckon call. How nice would that be. Their room is 550 sq.ft. (for any of you who have been on a cruise, that is huge!) They also have a private balcony, a jetted tub, a separate dressing room, free laundry service, ordeurves brought to their room before dinner, and the list goes on. I thought that I was jealous before, now I am really envious too! That should have been me :) I am sure that they are going to have a wonderful time!

Steve is already feeling the motion sickness...he was given a pill and felt a bit better. I think that it is all in his head ;) just kidding babe! I hope that you don't have that problem the whole time. Kyle is just so excited to be able to eat all of the food that he wants, whenever he wants! The weather is cooler there too. We are still in the 90s with lots of humidity and they are in the cool 50s! What a nice break from the awful Texas weather.

Steve said that he would email pics as often as he can, so check back to see where they are!

11 comments:

Holly and Brad said...

Oh my gosh...I am soooo jealous. After we are done nursing all these babies I say we take a girls cruise. How much fun would that be? You can get them for a few hundred a person nowadays. I think that would be tons of fun...See you tomorrow, if in course you are going to be braving it with your 4 youngest that is. I have confidence in you though...you are super Mom!

Janssen said...

Wow, that would be SO SO fun! Sounds like a dream. Where is this cruise to?

chelon:) said...

0 Seattle, Washington 04:00 PM
1 At Sea
2 Juneau, Alaska
3 Hubbard Glacier Cruising
4 Sitka, Alaska
5 Ketchikan, Alaska
6 Victoria Canada
7 Seattle, Washington

doesn't that sound like so much fun! i am totally jealous!

colquitt5 said...

they are going to have a blast. i would love to go to alaska to do some deep sea fishing! yum-O! Cant wait to see all the pictures and hear about all the fun adventures. its our turn next!!

Natalie Winquist said...

I hadn't gotten on any blogs for quite awhile & was so surprised to see the new development with Steve going on the cruise! That's sooo nice & unselfish of you to do! I hope all goes smoothly for you while he's gone!! (I'm hoping that all goes smoothly with me & all my 4 extra kids-not so great at being a mother of 9 ;0) You're definitely a super-wife & mom for your generosity & unselfishness!for sure- we need a girl trip to have some fun for us!! miss ya tons!! love ya!! xoxo

Sara said...

Tell Steve to take the tram up to the top of the mountain in Ketchikan. I spent two summers there. It's a great little town. Also, theres a cool area downtown that used to be the "red light district". There are a couple of museums talking about the miners and the ladies. On second thought, that might not be the best thing for Kyle to learn about! :) Anyway, I think they'll have a great time and hopefully will see some whales from that private balcony!

Kristen said...

Yum-O? Somebody must be a Rachael Ray fan. =o)

I still feel full every time I THINK about our cruise. So much food! That's fun that the food is a big deal for Kyle. I hope they keep having fun and staying safe!

bananaberry128 said...

NO FAIR! Yeah your crazy too. How fun is that for them. Oh geese-I would gain 50 lbs if I went. Such a boy reaction-Briggs would appreciate the same thing.

Kimberly said...

Can't wait to hear all about it. I'm sure it was a blast. I would have asked them today at church, but we don't see you anymore. : (

D. Goddess said...

I found your blog too. So cute. I love seeing your kids. They are all darling. Sounds like a fantastic cruise that you are missing, but good for you to keep nursing your sweet baby. --Brittany

Kikibug said...

OK, you deserve Mother of the year for this one. I hope they have so much fun! I am sure they will!