The girls have had their clothes laying out on their floor for over a week! They even did several fashion shows for each other to decide what looked best.
Halle has Ms. Cox and she seems really nice. She only knows one boy from our church there. But she promised me that she would meet lots of friends. She came home today and told me that she met 2 friends. "And Mom, one is even a boy!" she said. I love it!!
Kassadi got Ms. Files. I didn't meet her because Steve took her that night. She said that she was really nice. She even has one of her great friends (Taylin) in her class. She was so excited about that. They even have matching backpacks. They are so cute :)
The girls told me that they wanted to walk home from school. They didn't want to ride their scooters or their bikes, they wanted to WALK! Mind you, it is one and a half miles from home. I am determined to let them try it at least once...I am sure that after that they will realize how far it is and want to ride the scooters. I will let them try it when it is not so hot. For now I just pick them up after they have walked a little bit.
Kyle started middle school...MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! AAAHHHHH! I can't believe it. He is such a handsome boy. I am going to have to peel the girls off of him. Good thing he isn't really interested yet! He is excited about having a locker and also lots of classes that aren't very long. He got into an accelerated math program which he was happy about. He didn't get into exploratory languages...apparently not enough kids signed up for it. Go figure! But he did get art. He also loves the lunch selection there. I guess they have lots of different options. I am so excited for him to have this new experience.
I will truly miss spending all of my time with them! But I know that they are in good hands. Now maybe I can spend some time on myself.....hmmmm, wait, I have two more kids at home. Five years and counting people!!!
6 comments:
ahhh...the whole back to school thing is bittersweet. i know the kids like the structure and routine but it is hard to watch them leave. i cant believe how grown up everyone looks. try to fit in a little "me" time while the 2 babies are napping:)you deserve it!!
I'm glad your kids are liking school here. They all look so cute for their first day...except Kyle, he looks cool. ;)
We've started our third full year of school here...crazy! These next five years will go by so fast for you.
I love the backpacks that are bigger than Halle and Kassi. So cute. They are all getting so old!! Kyle is gonna be a heartbreaker for sure.
I love the school photos - so adorable. If Kyle needs me to come down and fight off the girls - let me know!
The girls are so sweet - Kassi and Halle - just such cute sisters! Those backpacks are almost as big as they are.
Love the photos of Gabe- he's a bouncing little boy who captured my heart when I was there! Olivia looks absolutley gorgeous in her photos - can't wait to see you all again!!!
The kids look so excited! Cam was,too. It's a long way to walk, but you know what? They're gonna have to try it before it's out of their system. I bet they'll be done with it after once!
Ok, what is your trick about getting them excited for school. Judson started whining weeks before he had to go. Now that he is in he doesn't mind it so much.
It must be so fun to have girls to dress and get excited for school. They are hilarious and SO CUTE!
I can not believe that Kyle is in middle school. Where does the time go, really? That is crazy.
Post a Comment