Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surprise Visit!!




My parents made a surprise visit to Austin!! And boy do I mean surprise!! Steve new for over a month and was able to keep that secret from me!! I came home from a friends house and my garage opened....and there was my mom with her camera in hand. Of course I cried! I was just so excited to see them. They came to see Olivia and to help bless her. It was so much fun. We packed a lot of things in the short time that they were here. We went to Zilker Park, Barton Springs, McKinney State Park and San Marcos Outlets.

At Zilker Park we rode the train, had snow cones and played in Barton Springs. It was really hot too! We went to Chuy's for dinner...you gotta love yummy TexMex.

At McKinney State Park we were hoping to swim in the water....no, it was disgusting! The only person to get in was Kyle. But he will swim anywhere! I am sure that this is a really pretty place when we are not in a drought. We ate at Firehouse Subs for lunch...another family favorite!

We blessed Olivia at church on Sunday. (pictures in the next post)

My mom and I hit the shops in San Marcos. Can I just say...OVERWHELMING! I cannot believe how many shops there are there. You really have to go with a plan or you could spend days there! We had so much fun spending money.

I am so grateful that my parents were able to come and visit. The kids had so much fun hanging out with them. Gabe especially loved it! He couldn't stop talking about Mimi and Papa. He keeps asking where they are!

Thank you mom and dad...for everything! I love you both so much and I am so happy that I got to see you and that you were able to be here for Olivia's blessing. You are both so amazing. We had such a memorable time! Until we meet again... xoxo

7 comments:

Alison said...

We had a great time with you, the kids and Steve. I wish we could get together more often. Utah is calling your name! We miss you all sooooooooo much.

Natalie Winquist said...

Wow chelon! How lucky you are to have such cute, caring parents who love you and your family so much! It's so touching to see them with your kids- their love for them is evident in all the pictures (as if them coming to surprise you wasn't evidence enough!) I know you know how fortunate you are so I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you to have those blessings! That's what life is all about, isn't it!!?!

colquitt5 said...

what fun tour guides you are! i cant wait to come down and have you show me the city....and the outlet malls!!! sounds like you had loads of fun.

jcrompton said...

You got some great pics! We love the one of Gabe on the train! What a nut! :)

Kimberly said...

Don't you just love parents? That is so great that they surprised you. Looks like you all had a great time. I also think it is so great how you took so many pictures with your parents in them. It seems that all too often when my parents leave, I wish I had taken more. Way to go!

Kikibug said...

WOW! That is so sweet, I even got teary eyed. I know how hard it is to live away from family and that is so special that they were there for Olivia's blessing. SO SWEET! and to surprise you.... dang... so awesome. Go Steve for keeping a secret for a month.

The Hardy's said...

What an awesome surprise! I would have cried too. I love your parents! I can't wait to see them at the end of the month. They're my fav!