Saturday, March 22, 2008

Our Saturday...

I feel like sometimes we have too many projects going on in our house. We can't seem to finish one and then start another. We tend to start many projects and maybe eventually one will get finished. Well, because our deck is such a huge project, I decided to forgo the swingset (because that is yet another project the Steve would have to put together.) Instead, we decided to get the kids a trampoline for Easter. Little did we realize that it would take all day long to put together! Kyle started putting it together while Steve and I ran a few errands.



He did a great job and did almost everything right...ALMOST! Unfortunately, he put all of the bars facing the wrong direction. Steve then stepped in and help him fix the little problem...



The girls tried to help a bit too...





Steve also did a little bit of planting in between. We found a soda can inside our plant too...CRAZY!! Yes, this is one of the unfinished projects...the stairs to the deck are done, but the top isn't! But Steve wanted to put some pretty bushes there anyway. I promise Dad...the deck will get finished soon! One step at a time!!!





Steve then thought it would be fun to put some more screws in the deck. I thought it was so cute that Gabe wanted to be just like his Dad and put a screw in his mouth too.





After all was said and done, the kids were actually able to enjoy jumping on the trampoline for a bit! Gabe loved it. He loved being bounced around by the kids.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I miss you guys.
Love ya!

Holly and Brad said...

I love how your background matches the colors of your house. You're so creative like that. I also love how it looks like Kassi got a death clench on Halli in one of those pictures. You have the the best looking kids ever. They are all so darn cute!

Halversen Happenings said...

You guys sure have been busy! I can't wait to see your yard...it all looks so great!

Corbett Family said...

We have that same trampoline and Jim started putting it together at about 5:00 p.m. on a Friday night so it would be ready for Jake's birthday party the next day and had to finish by flashlight at about 2:00 a.m. I'm glad you guys had lots of helpers!

Kristen said...

I hope you're in a neighborhood where it won't blow away... =o) I'll never forget poor Julie.

they call me mommy said...

That is one HUGE trampoline! Holy cow! Good thing, since it will have to fit my kids too, hahaha. (I can't wait to have the backyard finished - it will be so nice when they can actually play in our yard.)

Tell Silly Steve to be a better example! :-P