Halle: Mom, I don't want to be Halle anymore. I want to be named Megan. Can I change my name to Megan?
Me: Well, I didn't name you Megan, I named you Halle. Therefore, I will not call you Megan. But you can change your name when you are eighteen.
Halle: Ok. Well maybe I want to be Taylor er or uh Megan....
Me: When you are eighteen you can be whoever you want!
Halle: Cool.
All the while Halle is thinking of all the names that she can change hers to when she turns eighteen. Hopefully she will like her given name by then! I absolutely love it. We had Halle's named picked out years before she was even born. She has often said that she would rather go by the name of Grace (which is her middle name). I tell her that she can do that if she wants. She then proceeds to tell me that I have to call her teacher and tell her that we changed it. Then we forget! Convenient huh?

Rewind 25 years to the time when I was younger and I absolutely hated my name. Back then, I could never understand why my mom named me Chelon. You see, my siblings names are Chad, Brent and Brooke. Nothing odd there! Then there is Chelon!! Don't get me wrong, I love my name now! But I remember wanting to have a nickname or something that people would call me. Unfortunately nothing ever stuck. There isn't really anything that goes with Chelon. My mom suggested: Chelly or Lonny....yuck! Come on :) What made it even worse is that I don't have a middle name. Maybe it was the hair that needed to change!! Needless to say, I made it through those years of wanting to change my name. I now truly appreciate my mom and the fact that she loved a friend so much that she wanted to name her first born daughter after her! I hope that Halle too will do ok!!

21 comments:
You look so different!
I'm sure she'll eventually love her name - I think Halle is a really great name.
Megan? Ugh! I think the name Chelon is pretty cool. Try Jennie--boooring.
I love the name Halle..my niece's name is Halle...there aren't alot of them out there (I like that)...
Now....Chelon on the other hand is just a down right sexy name!!! It sounds very Europeonish....(I like it)!
Well of course you know I am partial to the name. Although my daughter is spelled Halli. She gets frustrated cause people call her HALEY all the time.
And I hate my name too. Just don't like the name Keri. still wish it was something else, but oh well. I hope Halle ends up loving her name. your kid pics are so cute.
You were so cute, of course you still are!!! I had to laugh...just this morning, Easton say's "Mom, what's Halli's mom's name?" Me, "Chelon." E, "Oh ya!" Me, "Ya, that's a hard one to remember huh?" E, "Ya!" Funny Huh? I LOVE YOUR NAME!!! :)
I think all kids go through that. I love the old school pictures that you busted out...you and Halle are twiners for sure:)
It's so fun to see pictures that record the products of the 80's. I think our Mom's are of the same school. I had a hair but just like that AND I remember those tube tops, frilly collar shirts! Oh man, priceless.
I love the pictures!!! Yes at least you have a cool name and its not Brooke!!!
When I was 10 my parents realized they forgot to put my name on my birth certificate and actually gave me the choice of changing my name then, I still stuck with Emilee. But I have to admit I do lie when people ask me where my name came from. Who wants to admit they are named after Saturday's Warrior?
Name change or hair change? Love both Chelony and Halle Grace! Hair, hum, Brooke couldn't you help her with that? The real change needs to be the outfit. No one notices a name like an unforgettable white boob tube. Shellon you're the best.
holy crap you guys look exactly the same. All though the top you are in is quit revealing. I love it! ou could never get away with something like that now a days. I love her name it fits her well. I remember not liking my middle name to much either. I guess we all have something about ourselves every once in a while that we do not like. I think that is okay. You are right she will like it when she gets older. Miss you guys!!!
Ah, I love the name Halle, That was going to be Ty's name, but then he ended up being a boy of course...
That is hilarious!!! I love your hair! Atleast take comfort in the fact that you didn't have the annie do like Nat and I had.....UGH!!!
i did the same thing dalrin. when i was 18 i relized no one had my name....keep it my little berry.
HA, I love the pictures! I had a very similar haircut growing up and I refuse to do that kind of esteem damage to my daughters!
Anyway, so you were one of the NMN girls huh? I suppose you took your maiden name as a middle name when you got married. Dave had a friend growing up that did that. She would always say "It's not Rachel BLANK Spiers... It's Rachel Spiers BLANK."
Cooper was recently asking about changing his name, apparently some girl at school keeps calling him "Cooper Pooper" and he's not liking that very much. Maybe somebody is doing the same will poor Halle. Regardless, I think it's a beautiful name and I'm pretty sure she will grow out of this Megan phase!
You are so smart, Chelon! It was invented in Idaho... Rigby, Idaho! That's where he moved to when he was a boy, but he was originally from Utah.
Love these pics. This is so fun to see. I remember wanting to change my name when I was her age too, I LOVED the name Monique and really wanted my mom to change mine. I HATED that people called me Kiki and insisted that they call me Kristen, but now I would never change it.
I LOVE the name Halle, she will too. And Chelon is great too, that is sweet that your mom named you after a friend.
Rad vintage pics of the Chelon I remember well. I loved having a friend with such a cool name. There were millions of Jenny's but only one Chelon!
I love the name Halle and Chelon!! I remember being younger and wanting a different name too. Now I also love my name. What cute pictures of you when you were younger. Looks like you guys are doing well, that is great!
CHILI BEAN?! You don't remember? I can't believe that one didn't stick! :) I definitely know more people that didn't like their name at one point there lives than did. Yours is beautiful, Halle's is beautiful and by the way...there is no way to describe Halle to you except...CLONE!
Lonny? HAHA. Thanks Mom.
Your name is perfect for you. I never had a middle name but I liked it that way. Ben talked me into giving Nicole a middle name.
I like your playboy bunny background. Sorry, couldn't resist. It's just the right (or wrong)profile of a bunny. But I think you did it on purpose!
Post a Comment