Monday, April 14, 2008

Before & After


BEWARE: You may need sunglasses to view this post!! Last week I decided it was high time to get the girls room painted. We have been talking about it for months now. We decided on Cantaloupe. I thought that would be a fun change from your typical girly colors of pink, purple, etc. I bought the paint and started...WHOA! It went on beautiful...but then of course it dries darker. It looks really orange :) But the girls absolutely love it and with the hibiscus flowers that we put on the wall, I think that it really came together! For all you who may be worried, I used a low VOC paint...and yes I did the WHOLE thing all by myself! The girls had tons of fun putting up the flowers. They were a great help. Welcome to the HAWAII room. The ALOHA greeting will soon be put on their wall.


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelon, I love the poster!!!! The color is way cute I love it, cant wait to see it.

Unknown said...

Any girl would love to have this room! I love that you're teaching your girls all about the versatility of vinyl at a young age! :)

Alison said...

Wow! You are brave. I LOVE IT! What a fun room. The girls are darling and such good helpers.

Natalie Winquist said...

I'm so proud of you Chelon!! What a cute room & all by yourself- too!! I absolutely love the flowers!! Did you do them?? Love the room & love you more!!!
xoxo- nat

Corbett Family said...

It is bright--but very cute, especially with the bedding and the vinyl flowers. Very fun!

Halversen Happenings said...

I LOVE it! The colors are my favorite. You did a great job painting and the girls did a great job with the flowers. I can't wait to see all the changes you've made to your house. I'm calling you right now to make plans.

Kristen said...

No room is complete without Hannah Montana! I like how the poster works with the rest of the decorations. I always had posters everywhere and it seemed messy, so I've wondered how I'll handle it with our kids. I like how you let Kyle do his, and this looks great! The orange really brings out the white trim too, very fun!

Sunni said...

Way cute. Did you do the vinyl flowers? I am in need of some good vinyl stuff. Love the color!

Kimberly said...

So cute! What lucky girls. Maybe you could give me some ideas as I'm trying to change it up with our kids rooms.

colquitt5 said...

hi kass I saw your (room) I like it.
I saw you putting flowers up too.

I can't wait too come too your

house it will be fun too see you
from
emmy

colquitt5 said...

serfcnjkolfcvbgtree cvbgnjujuioljhg
vcclaire

INTERPRETATION: Hi Halle. I miss you. I wish we could play barbies

Claire

Adhis said...

Cool! Those are the colors I would have picked too (if I had daughters your age).

Jamie said...

You are amazing! I can hardly make my bed, let alone paint a room. I'll stick wiht sewing my quilts!

Tami Harris said...

Chelon- How adorable is this room?! Wish you still lived here to help me give my kid's rooms some personality!!

Miss you!!

Sheree said...

Hi Kassi I love your bedroom it's realy cute.Love Elise,

Holly said...

I LOVE THE COLOR!!!
I think that is the cutest room, I am so impressed with your painting ability! KUDOS!!!