Thursday, October 9, 2008

Utah Visit...Just Me and Olivia!

Here is the low down on my super quick trip to Utah. It started off in Texas where I prepared one of my FAVORITE THINGS to take to our 3rd Annual Favorite Things Party. (I need to have one here too. I am sure that my friends would love it!) This is the tile that I did:

Olivia and I got up and out the door by 4:45 am for a 6:30 am flight. When we first got on the plane she fussed and I thought....oh my....we haven't even started yet. But after feeding her or rather keeping a plug in her mouth, she did beautifully!!

I then met up with a couple of girlfriends. I picked up Jamie and we picked up food and went to Wendy's new house. (And it is darling for all of those who are wondering!) We had a great visit. It was so nice to catch up with both of you. I love you both very much :)

Jamie made this beautiful quilt for Olivia. The colors and the fabric are so soft....I LOVE IT!! This is Michael...he is only a few weeks older than Olivia. They are soooo cute!

After lunch, I went and saw Erin's new house in Eagle Mountain. It is really nice....I just can't believe that you moved out there after we moved away! It was great to see you and Guy and the twins. I love how we can just get together and it is like we were never apart! I love you for that :) You are an amazing friend. One that I will love forever! Erin put together the party that evening. It was so much fun.

We then went to the party that evening at the Seminary Building. Kristen made this beautiful quilt for Olivia. I just LOVE it! The colors are perfect for her room. I have such talented friends!! Thanks Kristen :) I love that we have babies near the same age...unfortunately we aren't living close to raise them together!

I loved seeing you Diane...you is such a great example to me. You always has a smile on your face. I love you very much!

Tracie....I miss you! I will always think of you and your cute family when I think of where Olivia's name came from :)
I love you girls! It was great to catch up. Kimmers......you crack me up! Never a dull moment with you :)
These are the Harvest Cove Gals....I had such amazing neighbors when I lived there! I was sorry to leave all of you. We are however missing Jewels in this group. I was sad that you couldn't make it to the party. I miss you!
This is the group of gals that came. There were only 3 girls there that I was not familiar with. But for the rest of you, I LOVE YOU so very much. You have all touched my life in one way or another. I am so grateful for the friendships that I have with you. I love that it was as if I hadn't moved away...rather, I was just at home!
After the party, I headed up to Eden to spend time with my family. It was so much fun to hang out with my mom. We went to a festival in Ogden and had yummy lunch at Roosters Brewery and then we did a bit of shopping. I love you mom! You are so much fun to be with! Thanks for letting me hang out at your house!! Not that you had a choice in the matter....I hope to see you soon :)
This is my niece Brielle...I haven't seen her in almost a year. It is amazing how much babies grow in that time. She is just beautiful.
My big bro Chad...love you! Thanks for the tour of Mimi & Papa's house that you are building. You are doing a fabulous job. It is absolutely beautiful!
Brent...Thanks for bringing up your family Brent. It was great to see you and all of the kids. I love you! Jenny & Brielle...It was so great to see you and the kids! I can't believe how much they have grown. Also...thanks for signing me up for Scentsy! I can't wait to get started. LOVE the stuff!
Kids....Kids....and more Kids!! I loved seeing all of my nieces and nephews! I think that they were more excited to see the baby though. Hope to see you all at Christmas. But this time I promise to bring all of my kids!
Tonya...Thanks for coming even though you were under the weather. It was so great to see you! And you really do look great. I am grateful that you and your beautiful kids are a part of our family :)
After the weekend at my parents, I went and hung out with my Eagle Mountain friends. I went to lunch at Bajio (YUMMY!) with Peggy and Wendy. We had a great time. I made such wonderful friends in the short amount of time that I lived there. I would love to move back!
For the second year in a row, Andrew watched a baby of mine (last year it was Gabe) so that me and Wendy could go and get a pedicure! As much as I hate to have my feet touched (and I giggled and cringed the whole time) I love how they turned out! Thanks Andrew! Wendy and I also did some hot tubbing and of course we had to play our favorite Super Mario Bros.!! And as frustrating as that game can be, we had a great time. Thanks Wendy for being such a wonderful friend! I then went and saw Emilee and her new house. She too moved to Eagle Mountain. It was great to see you! I love your house too.
After hanging in Eagle Mountain, I took the trek back up to Bountiful and met my wonderful friends there for lunch at Robintinos (a favorite of ours!) Tami is my cousin (2nd from the left) and then there is Nat and Rachel. We have been friends for about 12 years now. I love all of you and I am so grateful to have you as friends. I miss you all so much. I miss our Christmas dinner and ornament exchange....maybe we should do that through the mail?? I love you girls!
I am sooooo truly blessed to have all of my grandparents still living and for the most part, healthy! I was able to visit with my grandpa (of course he was at the carpet store working!) He is such a wonderful man. I have such fond memories of hanging out with them. We were always so close! I love you grandpa! I love you to Dad! Although I didn't see you to much during my visit...I still love you ;) You are the bestest dad in the whole world!! Thank you for that......I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!
I even have my great aunt Liz. She is my Nana's sister. She too works at the carpet store. (Yes it is definitely a family run business!) It was great to see you Liz. I love you!
This is my beautiful Grandma!! I just love her smile! I am so glad that I went up to visit with her. She is such a wonderful lady, inside and out. I am so grateful for her sweet spirit. I hope that you get everything you want Grandma...you deserve it! I love you so very much.
I then went and picked up my mom from work and went to see my Nana at the rest home. Although she doesn't remember me, I remember her and who she used to be. She was such an amazing woman. I remember spending time with her in the car delivering her Avon magazines. She would pay me $2. I loved spending that time with her. I love you Nana...berry, berry much!
4 Generations HERE!!
We then went up to see my other Grandpa and to bring him dinner. It was great to visit with you for a bit! You look great :) This is my sweet grandpa that is sooo computer savvy! He loves to sent emails about politics! and other funny things! I love that he makes me and my kids a Christmas CD every year to listen to. You are a fabulous man and I love you!
After all of these visits we went to my parents and I had to pack because I had an early flight the next morning. This is what I see when I drive home from my parents....beautiful fall colors! This picture doesn't do it justice (because we were driving while this was taken.) I absolutely love the fall. It is my favorite season. We don't really get a fall in Texas. So it was great to see all the beautiful colors on our little trip!
Too all of my amazing friends and family....thank you so much for making our trip a success! I had such a wonderful time. I was unable to see a few friends whom I love and adore....Jewels, Joslyn, Elin and Stacy...Sorry girls! Also, Scott & Jamee...sorry I missed you! I hope to see you all soon. I LOVE YOU ALL!

*A big thanks to Steve who made it all possible! Thanks for being such a great Daddy and spending time with the kids. I love you very much... They had a great time! Also thanks to Jamie and Stacy who took care of Gabe so Steve could go to meetings. I greatly appreciate it :)

You would think that it would have been a vacation!! But we were going, going, going. It was great!

11 comments:

Alison said...

We loved having you and Olivia visit. I'm sorry we didn't have more time together. I'm glad you have such good friends and had a good time with them. You are a wonderful daughter and friend. I miss you!

colquitt5 said...

how fun to come back and see all your wonderful friends. i am sooo sad that i wasnt able to meet up with you- i have been dying to see baby:( you better be coming"HOME" for christmas!! love you lots!!

Natalie Winquist said...

I'm so glad we got to visit- even if for only a moment!! Maybe we'll have more time around Christmas! You looked beautiful- still a babe! And Olivia is gorgeous- glad I finally got to meet (& smooch)her! Love ya lots- miss ya more!

TheOrttFamily said...

Sorry I missed you. I so wanted to come to the party..but as you know life sometimes get in the way...haha..darn it. But looks like you had a great time while you were down!

Adhis said...

There was a lot of love in that post!

Adhis said...

Oh, and it was really nice to see you again.

And I really need to wear more makeup. Really.

chelon:) said...

i guess i used the word love a lot!! but that is only because i have the deepest affections for you my friends and my dear family!!!

btw...i thought you looked beautiful that night, adhis! you were the life of the party :)

they call me mommy said...

Awww, I'm so glad you got to go visit your friends in Utah. I can tell you really miss them and the special experience it was to live there when you did. It's hard to miss people so much! But I'm so glad you have so many wonderful people in your life and that your heart is so full of love for all of them. I love you, too, don't forget! We need to go out and play as soon as I'm better, okay? This was a great "thankfulness" post. <3

Erin said...

It was so good to see you. Also, it was good to find out what Halle and Gabe in a blender would look like - Olivia! I'm glad it was best to see me and to hear that you loved me the most! Ooops, was I not suppose to tell. I am looking forward to seeing you in 71 days. You are coming for Christmas, right?

Kristen said...

A lot of familiar faces! It sounds like it was a lot of fun, and that is a great group photo. Glad you made it back safely and Olivia cooperated.

Tami Harris said...

I'm so glad that I got to see you. It truly means a lot to me that you made the time to come to lunch with us. I know how hard it must thave been to try and see everyone. YOU are loved so very much too! I love you!!!