One of the main reasons for all of us to travel to Utah was to baptize Kassadi in front of family and friends. My whole family was able to be there. Brooke came with her kids from Arizona, Chad came with his family and his less than a week old baby from Colorado. Brent was there with his new family too. It was such a beautiful program. Guy Johnson and Stephanie gave the talks, which were really beautiful. You could really feel the spirit there. Before the program started, the girls drew on the chalk board. This is what they did:
Kassadis Babtisam
I love it! Here is the classic picture of Father and Child to be baptized.
So when I was eight my mom made the dress that I was to be baptized in. And it was really cute! I wore it proudly! I also wore hot pink underwear that when the dress was wet...yeah you know what I mean. Anyway, for years I have held on to this dress. I don't think that I ever intended for any of my kids to wear it, but I just thought it was really special. So I hauled it around. It hung proudly in my girls closet for years. Kassi always asked me when she could wear it. I just kept telling her...when you turn eight, you can wear it to your baptism. Well a couple of houses later, she was turning eight. I had packed it to come to Texas and hadn't seen it since. Well a couple of days, a lot of tears and even more prayers, I found it packed away at the bottom of the most unlikely box. I found it the day we were to fly to Utah. Talk about divine intervention. I would have been devastated if I couldn't find it. She looked great in it. Yes it definitely looks like it is from the eighties (because it is!) but she didn't care...she realized the importance of wearing it. She even wore it to church when they welcomed her into the ward.
The confirmation was a beautiful prayer given by Steve. It was really touching. The men in the circle were: Bro. LeFevre (presiding), Guy Johnson, Steve, Scott, Randy, Dad, Grandpa Allman. I am so grateful that I could have my Grandpa and Grandma Allman there.
Grandparent Pictures!
We had great refreshments!! We had Little Caesars Pizza and a yummy cake from Dick's Bakery. Gabriel got tired of waiting for someone to feed him!
1 comment:
What a special Day and what a beautiful dress! She looks so happy and proud wearing it!
Post a Comment